Wednesday 18 February 2015

Planner Peace or Pursuing* the* Unicorn?

Dear Perusers:
I tend to agree with Rhomany over at Rhomany's Realm that it may be a myth..after all 'planner peace' is a bit of a  'unicorn'?
However being ever hopeful and now fully addicted to planners, dori's (both midori and faux), hobonichis and fauxbonichis and assorted bullet journaling techniques as well, I took what worked for me and came up with the following. I started out with the bullet system and after a month found it didn't work as I needed to see at least 2 months ahead all on the same page.
So I cobbled together whatever my butterfly mind could glean from watching youtubes and reading blogs on the subject. 
To show you how I set mine up,  here goes:
I unearthed my 'ARC' (aka Discbound) punch (bought a couple of years ago in a fit of  'maybe I will find this useful' and 'macgyvred' the Rumi Dayplanner I was given this year.
As you can see, WASHI TAPE is my FRIEND.
I also ordered Tangie Baxter's Tangible Plans  and used a few of her templates to create my Weekly Blessings and Notes page. I found that the ones I chose originally are too busy and dark to really see what I was writing so I will revamp with boxes that are lighter in colour for the next set of months.
I am glad I am doing this now, as I can pick and choose what will work when I take this 'on the road'.
The whole works, my BrainDump journal (created from a Home Depot brochure) and RumiDori along with HER DISCS! fit neatly into my BMWdori as it has a soft spine. Pleased me to no end, let me tell you!
You might be wondering about those turquoise blue thingies: they are my left and right dashboard covers aka page turners made from a plastic cinnamon roll container and cut down to size and washi'd the heck out of them. They are a wonderful invention (Thanks Kent!) and I can immediately go to my Day and get started without 'all that mucking about in hyperspace'.

So far. so good.
Blessings to all Planners and Unicorn Pursuers out there.








No comments:

Post a Comment