Sunday 9 November 2014

October Octember: More projects! - a Birthday mini book & Krickle Krackle

As you can see, the DLP got put aside while I dealt with not only the two previous journals but these projects as well.I still can't believe that October went by so fast. I think there should be an extra month squeezed in between September and October and called 'Octember'!
A friend's surprise Birthday celebrating her half century had to be acknowledged with some sort of special gift and what better than a 'witchy' type mini album for one whose birthday is so close to Hallowe'en?
My local scrapbook store had these absolutely fabulous papers from Graphic45 called an 'Eerie Tale' and I had great fun putting it together.
So a big SHOUT OUT  to the following Ladies who have brought us amazing mini albums on youtube: my twinster Jean the MusicalScrapper,  Ozegran and Kathy Orta! who brought us such great techniques and enabled me the 'non' crafter to actually have fun doing this album!
Here are the photos:
I loved how the black tags worked with the accordion binding.

 
After I added miles of washi tape, buckets of glue, pockets galore, ribbons and more tags (I lost count!) I felt truly satisfied that I could give the Birthday Girl one heckuva mini album that had 'lotsa real estate!' (fave phrase of Kathy Orta!)
Here she is Opening it Up...
This is the first of the October Projects that I was able to create: stay tuned for Part 2 - the Krickle Krackle -  next post.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment