Monday 10 November 2014

The Krickle Krackle Project Part II

At the beginning of Nuvember - we were given the honour and priviledge to view 'Miss Maggie' my new grand-niece for the first time since her birth way up north in Whitehorse Yukon.
And for the Occasion I had wanted to make something special. I decided on a Krickle Krackle.
WHAT IS A KRICKLE KRACKLE?
It's a piece of soft flannel sewn with tabs on the outside and the 'krickle krackle' (in this case a cereal box liner paper) sewn in the inside. When baby grabs the flannel at one end, it 'krickles' and so do some of the tabs.

My cousin Dianne had made one of these for a new baby and I loved it's simplicity so much that I wanted to make one.

The only fly in the project ointment was that it had to be (ahem koff koff) SEWN!


I have had a nodding acquaintance with sewing over the years and have never forgotten while making a gym strip bag, back- stitching my thumb not once but TWICE to the fabric. Kachunk.
So you can understand why my brand spanking new Brother sewing machine had never been taken out of the box since I bought it 2 years ago and was roosting under the dining room table (outta sight outta mind).

But with Dianne's encouragement and help with the logistics, I took my Brother over to her place, plugged it in, and  got the darn thing constructed!
It was not perfect but lovingly made with hardly any cursing or gluing involved!
Blessings on those who can Sew Like Whizzes out there! May your needle never break in mid project!

No comments:

Post a Comment