Sunday 9 November 2014

O My gosh..where did I leave off? Let's do September shall we?

Besides August that is!
Chalk it up to Ran out of Steam September and Ouchie October!
So here we are in Nuvember and no that is not a typo.
I have renamed the month so we can pronounce it as 'new', as this month has always been a difficult one for me to get through.
I will try my darndest to post what I have been up to.
First for September:
I managed (with the help of my co conspirator Nelson) to surprise my spirit-bro Scott with my appearance at his first facilitation of the Autumnal Equinox Celtic Sweat in the new Sweat Lodge which bears the name 'Triskele'.
Not only did the building of the Lodge go smoothly, but so did the Sweat.
In Preparation for this Event, I managed to make 2 Journals: one for the Fire Keeper (Nelson and it was his birthday too!) and one for the Lodge Keeper (Scott).
I do confess that I was watching bits and pieces of Game of Thrones via youtube while constructing these so quite a bit GOT thrown (pun) in to the mix!
Gosh how I love those Dragons! and being born in the Year of the Dragon meant an instant attraction to those flamethrowers!
How could a Fire Keeper NOT have a Dragon on the front pocket -


and here is inside the Fire Keeper's Journal.
Both journals are done 'midori' style  so that the interior books can be added or subtracted as needs arise.
Want to do one? have a look at Ray Blake's video.

For the 2nd Journal, this is what I created for Lodge Keeper Scott.
His Journal has a leather Triskele knot (done in honour of the Lodge's name)  to grab and pull up and over to open the journal.
Here is the inside view of what the Lodge Keeper has for his interior 'real estate' so far <g>

  






As for yours truly, I did not go 'ungifted' either. During my magical time spent with my old and new friends, I was given jars of homemade raspberry, cherry and gooseberry jam by Nelson.


and from Scott a Drum!
The tradition is that the first drum you make you give away.
How honoured I was to be it's recipient!

Blessings to all who read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment